I just press the reset button when that prompt comes up if I don't want to shut down.
Hello all,
When you performed a shutdown ,and the cd has ejected (or has not ejected using the noeject cheatcode) there is still a line which asks 'Press any key ..' .
How can I remove this ?
The reason I ask this is because I use knoppix for several purposes remotely. And occasionaly a reboot is nessescary (yes linux nevertheless can freeze).
But when I reboot remotely the line 'Press any key.. ' appears ,after it has closed my remote session.
I've been googling around and didn't found any conclusive answer to this dumb problem.
There was something in a forum something about a 'nowaitenter' ,but didn't end in anything conclusive.
Does anybody has an idea how to handle this (beside pressing any key)
I just press the reset button when that prompt comes up if I don't want to shut down.
Man ,you got 300m finger to reach te reset button ?
No, but I got something else that ... NevermindOriginally Posted by ktheking
I think the cheatcode noeject should get rid of the ejecting CD-ROM and maybe might help? Not sure cause I haven't used that cheatcode ...
Ignore this now as I just reread your post again .....
![]()
![]()
![]()
OK
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I got advice from our german friends on the german forum.
This is how it go's : (ONLY for use on bootcd ,not HD installed knoppix)
type as root :
for instant reboot,surpassing every shutdown,logoff script)Code:reboot -f
or
for instant shutdown,surpassing every shutdown,logoff script)Code:shutdown -f
combined with WOL (wake on LAN) tool enables you to control knoppix from a distance.
WOL tool for DOS (works on XP and W2K too) :
http://www.gammadyne.com/cmdline.htm#wol
WOL tool for linux :
http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/jpo/software...an/mini-howto/
greetzzzz,.....
--FYI, you can use this when installed to HD - it's in the ' halt ' man page - but you should take some precautions beforehand:
o ' umount -a '
o ' sync '
o ' swapoff all '
o Logout of everything except 1 root terminal
o Umount everything else possible (' df ' to check)
o ' mount / -oremount,ro ' == Justincase
o ' reboot -f '
Originally Posted by ktheking

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00
Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 14 in Intel Celeron 4GB RAM 32GB Silver
$74.99
Samsung Chromebook 11in Silver Intel Celeron Chrome OS Wi‑Fi Webcam Charger
$50.00
Samsung Odyssey Neo G95NA - OEM Stand - BN96-51632B
$125.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00