Problem solved
need to specify knoppix acpi=force
Anyway, appreciate if anyone can help explain.
The machine booted but KDE crashed at the end. I will look at it and may post a separate subject later.
Hello,
When booting from 5.3.1 DVD on my Thinkpad 600x, I receive an error
Please suggest what I should do.Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 286584614 ns)
Time: pit clocksource has been installed.
This machine can boot with the previous Knoppix CD (5.1.1) or Windows. This 5.3.1 DVD also works fine on the other machine (Thinkpad T61).
Thank you.
Problem solved
need to specify knoppix acpi=force
Anyway, appreciate if anyone can help explain.
The machine booted but KDE crashed at the end. I will look at it and may post a separate subject later.

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
$380.00
SK Hynix 256GB (4x64GB) DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 ECC RDIMM 288-Pin Workstation RAM
$1950.00