Problem solved
need to specify knoppix acpi=force
Anyway, appreciate if anyone can help explain.
The machine booted but KDE crashed at the end. I will look at it and may post a separate subject later.
Hello,
When booting from 5.3.1 DVD on my Thinkpad 600x, I receive an error
Please suggest what I should do.Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 286584614 ns)
Time: pit clocksource has been installed.
This machine can boot with the previous Knoppix CD (5.1.1) or Windows. This 5.3.1 DVD also works fine on the other machine (Thinkpad T61).
Thank you.
Problem solved
need to specify knoppix acpi=force
Anyway, appreciate if anyone can help explain.
The machine booted but KDE crashed at the end. I will look at it and may post a separate subject later.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95