Problem solved
need to specify knoppix acpi=force
Anyway, appreciate if anyone can help explain.
The machine booted but KDE crashed at the end. I will look at it and may post a separate subject later.
Hello,
When booting from 5.3.1 DVD on my Thinkpad 600x, I receive an error
Please suggest what I should do.Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 286584614 ns)
Time: pit clocksource has been installed.
This machine can boot with the previous Knoppix CD (5.1.1) or Windows. This 5.3.1 DVD also works fine on the other machine (Thinkpad T61).
Thank you.
Problem solved
need to specify knoppix acpi=force
Anyway, appreciate if anyone can help explain.
The machine booted but KDE crashed at the end. I will look at it and may post a separate subject later.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00
Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99