Problem solved
need to specify knoppix acpi=force
Anyway, appreciate if anyone can help explain.
The machine booted but KDE crashed at the end. I will look at it and may post a separate subject later.
Hello,
When booting from 5.3.1 DVD on my Thinkpad 600x, I receive an error
Please suggest what I should do.Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 286584614 ns)
Time: pit clocksource has been installed.
This machine can boot with the previous Knoppix CD (5.1.1) or Windows. This 5.3.1 DVD also works fine on the other machine (Thinkpad T61).
Thank you.
Problem solved
need to specify knoppix acpi=force
Anyway, appreciate if anyone can help explain.
The machine booted but KDE crashed at the end. I will look at it and may post a separate subject later.

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99
Lot of 50 Samsung PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM Modules
$8499.99