Out of 32 views, no one knows how to set the default sound card?
I have 2 sound cards on this pc. One is internal and one is external. Internal one is used for my mic/recording and the external one I use for playback. Knoppix recognizes both and both work fine. Problem is its using the internal one to try and play stuff, only way I can use my external one is in certain programs like the media player that lets me choose which one to use. Not all programs will let me do that so I need to figure out how to get it to switch sound output to the other card. I opened KMixer and tried to set the master to my external but its still trying to play it through my internal. Is there anyway to do this other than disabling my internal sound card every time I boot knoppix. I forgot to mention when I try and run the soundconfig program it tells me I dont have a kernel with a modular sound system or something like that.
Out of 32 views, no one knows how to set the default sound card?

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50