Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Audio problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8

    Audio problem

    I have 2 sound cards on this pc. One is internal and one is external. Internal one is used for my mic/recording and the external one I use for playback. Knoppix recognizes both and both work fine. Problem is its using the internal one to try and play stuff, only way I can use my external one is in certain programs like the media player that lets me choose which one to use. Not all programs will let me do that so I need to figure out how to get it to switch sound output to the other card. I opened KMixer and tried to set the master to my external but its still trying to play it through my internal. Is there anyway to do this other than disabling my internal sound card every time I boot knoppix. I forgot to mention when I try and run the soundconfig program it tells me I dont have a kernel with a modular sound system or something like that.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8
    Out of 32 views, no one knows how to set the default sound card?

Similar Threads

  1. CD V4.0.2 Odd audio or sound problem regarding speech
    By dennisdjensen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 12:29 PM
  2. Audio CD mounting problem
    By leone25s in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 12:07 PM
  3. M-audio audiophile 2496 problem
    By ChaseB in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 04:04 AM
  4. Problem with audio
    By Rat attack in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2004, 11:36 AM
  5. Asus A7M266-D and CM8738 Audio Problem and Fix
    By bfree in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5  2x6248R  24 core 3.0G   24x64g DDR4-2933 ram picture

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram

$112000.00



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08