Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Remaster from DVD to a CD

  1. #1

    Remaster from DVD to a CD

    Hello,
    I've got the 5.3.1 DVD and I like this version KNOPPIX very much. I am a remaster noob and I would like remaster the DVD to a custom CD. I was looking at the remaster faq and I was a little confused with this instructions at step 13.

    Copy everything necessary files except the ~700 Mb KNOPPIX file.
    < 3.4:
    cd /cdrom/KNOPPIX && find . -size -10000k -type f -exec cp -p --parents '{}' /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/ \;
    >= 3.4:
    cd /cdrom && find . -size -10000k -type f -exec cp -p --parents '{}' /mnt/hda1/knx/master/ \;

    for the DVD Version you have to use -size -15000k and copy the KNOPPIX2 folder like this
    cp -ar /KNOPPIX2/* /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX


    Now do I do
    cd /cdrom && find . -size -10000k -type f -exec cp -p --parents '{}' /mnt/hda1/knx/master/ \;
    cp -ar /KNOPPIX2/* /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX

    -or -
    cd /cdrom && find . -size -15000k -type f -exec cp -p --parents '{}' /mnt/hda1/knx/master/ \;
    cp -ar /KNOPPIX2/* /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX

    - or -

    skip "cd /cdrom && find . -size -10000k ..." part and do the "cp -ar /KNOPPIX2/* ..." step?

    Second, I'm having problems with step 14 of mounting /dev /proc and /sys. I was getting these errors.

    #mount --bind /dev /media/sda1/knoppix-tmp/source/KNOPPIX/dev
    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev,
    missing codepage or other error

    There is a link that discuss this issue.
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ight=mount+dev


    Third , if I do the CD version do I skip the DVD version cp (cp -ar /KNOPPIX2/* /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX) and master the CD that way?

    Fourth, when I do my custom CD how do I know if the compress image will fit on a CD? Is there a way I can check that.

    Lastly, will there be a CD version 5.3.1 anyway? Thanks!!!!!

    Jose Torres

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11
    Hi there,

    I've yet done a remastering of KNOPPIX CD and I'm now trying to do so with KNOPPIX 5.3.1.

    But, I'm having exactly the same problem here than jogeedaklown with mounting /dev. . I had a look and I saw that /dev had been entirely copied to ./master/KNOPPIX/dev.

    I do not understand why? But I'm hardly looking for
    In the french HOW TO, they say that binding /dev is not an obligatory step (they say to do it just in case of "/dev/null permission denied" chrooting error)


    Does any one have a solution???

    Did anybody do a total remastering of KNOPPIX 5.3.1? Coud it be possible to get a new How TO or a How to upgrade???

    THX

Similar Threads

  1. Remaster Help!!
    By jleppers in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 05:14 AM
  2. how to remaster 5.1.1
    By abby in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 10:58 PM
  3. do i need to remaster to get this..
    By nayrhyno in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 07:32 PM
  4. A remaster like this?
    By TheBinaryPenguin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:38 AM
  5. Looking for a remaster that may have been done
    By Thorkyl in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2003, 03:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Module for MMF and SMF 10-2456-03 Genuine picture

Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Module for MMF and SMF 10-2456-03 Genuine

$25.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module picture

Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module

$105.00



Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m picture

Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m

$73.99