Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: KDE crash (signal 6 SIGABRT) during start up

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12

    KDE crash (signal 6 SIGABRT) during start up

    Hello.

    While starting 5.3.1 DVD on Thinkpad 600x, I got the error KDE crash with Signal 6 SIGABRT.

    This did not happen when booting with 5.1.1 CD. This 5.3.1 DVD can boot on my other machine (Thinkpad T61) without a problem.

    In case it relates, for this Thinkpad 600x, I need to specify cheat code acpi=force to avoid kernel error (see my previous post).


    Please advise. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    I'm having the same problem with an old Pentium III, 550MHZ Katmai, though not all the time, so I wonder if that computer, it's a desktop, might not be in a power-saving mode on those occasions when my boot-ups are unsuccessful. The cheatcode which you specified, acpi=force, does seem to work for me on this computer, but I don't understand why or how it involves "/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Any thoughts on that?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Ochs
    I'm having the same problem with an old Pentium III, 550MHZ Katmai, though not all the time, so I wonder if that computer, it's a desktop, might not be in a power-saving mode on those occasions when my boot-ups are unsuccessful. The cheatcode which you specified, acpi=force, does seem to work for me on this computer, but I don't understand why or how it involves "/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Any thoughts on that?
    No, I was evidently wrong: Knoppix 5.3.1 is sometimes (and only sometimes) booting properly with the cheatcode "acpi=off" on my Katmai computer. I don't understand why this system which runs off of a CD+R will boot at different times in different ways on the same computer.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    I found the problem, and it really isn't an ACPI one either. Try this link: [/url]http://linuxgazette.net/150/howell.html

Similar Threads

  1. Input signal not in range
    By FC360 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 02:39 AM
  2. kwifimanager good signal no local ip
    By radnor in forum Networking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:06 AM
  3. Signal Strength unknown?
    By ZeD in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 01:33 PM
  4. xrandr and xrandrtray return Signal 11
    By Lincthra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 11:20 PM
  5. Signal 11?
    By Matth in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 10:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


11 Vintage Apple 3.5

11 Vintage Apple 3.5" Floppy Disc Label

$10.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064 picture

Apple IIe Vintage Personal Computer A2S2064

$199.99



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals picture

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals

$50.00



Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple picture

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple

$60.00



Apple Computer cards  Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++  Vintage 1980's picture

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's

$169.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested* picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested*

$69.99