-
Junior Member
registered user
KDE crash (signal 6 SIGABRT) during start up
Hello.
While starting 5.3.1 DVD on Thinkpad 600x, I got the error KDE crash with Signal 6 SIGABRT.
This did not happen when booting with 5.1.1 CD. This 5.3.1 DVD can boot on my other machine (Thinkpad T61) without a problem.
In case it relates, for this Thinkpad 600x, I need to specify cheat code acpi=force to avoid kernel error (see my previous post).
Please advise. Thank you.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I'm having the same problem with an old Pentium III, 550MHZ Katmai, though not all the time, so I wonder if that computer, it's a desktop, might not be in a power-saving mode on those occasions when my boot-ups are unsuccessful. The cheatcode which you specified, acpi=force, does seem to work for me on this computer, but I don't understand why or how it involves "/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Any thoughts on that?
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Woody Ochs
I'm having the same problem with an old Pentium III, 550MHZ Katmai, though not all the time, so I wonder if that computer, it's a desktop, might not be in a power-saving mode on those occasions when my boot-ups are unsuccessful. The cheatcode which you specified, acpi=force, does seem to work for me on this computer, but I don't understand why or how it involves "/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Any thoughts on that?
No, I was evidently wrong: Knoppix 5.3.1 is sometimes (and only sometimes) booting properly with the cheatcode "acpi=off" on my Katmai computer. I don't understand why this system which runs off of a CD+R will boot at different times in different ways on the same computer.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I found the problem, and it really isn't an ACPI one either. Try this link: [/url]http://linuxgazette.net/150/howell.html
Similar Threads
-
By FC360 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-14-2009, 02:39 AM
-
By radnor in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:06 AM
-
By ZeD in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 01:33 PM
-
By Lincthra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 11:20 PM
-
By Matth in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$60.00