Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: KDE crash (signal 6 SIGABRT) during start up

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12

    KDE crash (signal 6 SIGABRT) during start up

    Hello.

    While starting 5.3.1 DVD on Thinkpad 600x, I got the error KDE crash with Signal 6 SIGABRT.

    This did not happen when booting with 5.1.1 CD. This 5.3.1 DVD can boot on my other machine (Thinkpad T61) without a problem.

    In case it relates, for this Thinkpad 600x, I need to specify cheat code acpi=force to avoid kernel error (see my previous post).


    Please advise. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    I'm having the same problem with an old Pentium III, 550MHZ Katmai, though not all the time, so I wonder if that computer, it's a desktop, might not be in a power-saving mode on those occasions when my boot-ups are unsuccessful. The cheatcode which you specified, acpi=force, does seem to work for me on this computer, but I don't understand why or how it involves "/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Any thoughts on that?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Ochs
    I'm having the same problem with an old Pentium III, 550MHZ Katmai, though not all the time, so I wonder if that computer, it's a desktop, might not be in a power-saving mode on those occasions when my boot-ups are unsuccessful. The cheatcode which you specified, acpi=force, does seem to work for me on this computer, but I don't understand why or how it involves "/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Any thoughts on that?
    No, I was evidently wrong: Knoppix 5.3.1 is sometimes (and only sometimes) booting properly with the cheatcode "acpi=off" on my Katmai computer. I don't understand why this system which runs off of a CD+R will boot at different times in different ways on the same computer.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    I found the problem, and it really isn't an ACPI one either. Try this link: [/url]http://linuxgazette.net/150/howell.html

Similar Threads

  1. Input signal not in range
    By FC360 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 02:39 AM
  2. kwifimanager good signal no local ip
    By radnor in forum Networking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:06 AM
  3. Signal Strength unknown?
    By ZeD in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 01:33 PM
  4. xrandr and xrandrtray return Signal 11
    By Lincthra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 11:20 PM
  5. Signal 11?
    By Matth in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 10:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



Unfi Security Gateway Pro picture

Unfi Security Gateway Pro

$170.00



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$199.99



Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance

$20.25



Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition picture

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition

$435.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99