Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: KDE crash (signal 6 SIGABRT) during start up

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12

    KDE crash (signal 6 SIGABRT) during start up

    Hello.

    While starting 5.3.1 DVD on Thinkpad 600x, I got the error KDE crash with Signal 6 SIGABRT.

    This did not happen when booting with 5.1.1 CD. This 5.3.1 DVD can boot on my other machine (Thinkpad T61) without a problem.

    In case it relates, for this Thinkpad 600x, I need to specify cheat code acpi=force to avoid kernel error (see my previous post).


    Please advise. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    I'm having the same problem with an old Pentium III, 550MHZ Katmai, though not all the time, so I wonder if that computer, it's a desktop, might not be in a power-saving mode on those occasions when my boot-ups are unsuccessful. The cheatcode which you specified, acpi=force, does seem to work for me on this computer, but I don't understand why or how it involves "/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Any thoughts on that?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Ochs
    I'm having the same problem with an old Pentium III, 550MHZ Katmai, though not all the time, so I wonder if that computer, it's a desktop, might not be in a power-saving mode on those occasions when my boot-ups are unsuccessful. The cheatcode which you specified, acpi=force, does seem to work for me on this computer, but I don't understand why or how it involves "/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Any thoughts on that?
    No, I was evidently wrong: Knoppix 5.3.1 is sometimes (and only sometimes) booting properly with the cheatcode "acpi=off" on my Katmai computer. I don't understand why this system which runs off of a CD+R will boot at different times in different ways on the same computer.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    15
    I found the problem, and it really isn't an ACPI one either. Try this link: [/url]http://linuxgazette.net/150/howell.html

Similar Threads

  1. Input signal not in range
    By FC360 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 02:39 AM
  2. kwifimanager good signal no local ip
    By radnor in forum Networking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:06 AM
  3. Signal Strength unknown?
    By ZeD in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 01:33 PM
  4. xrandr and xrandrtray return Signal 11
    By Lincthra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 11:20 PM
  5. Signal 11?
    By Matth in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 10:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.26



OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable picture

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable

$125.00



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



New BroadCom 9500-8i Tri-Mode HBA Card Storage Adapter New-Sealed picture

New BroadCom 9500-8i Tri-Mode HBA Card Storage Adapter New-Sealed

$245.57