-
Junior Member
registered user
Mounting Windows Shares,just folder from NetworkNeighborhood
I don't have any kind of a server on my network, just my Windows machine and knoppix machine on a router.
I'm trying to access files on my Network Neighborhood from my knoppix machine. I've come up with some instructions on other sites. They refer to Windows "shares". They give instructions how to mount them. But I'm not so sure I know what a Windows "share" is. I think that a Windows "share" is just any of the folders that you find in your "Network Neighborhood". Could someone please tell me, just a "yes" or "no", if I'm right?
Similar Threads
-
By ProjectW in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2008, 11:33 AM
-
By don999 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-24-2007, 02:25 AM
-
By Bendman0815 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-24-2006, 10:45 AM
-
By tsitras in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 11:04 PM
-
By usbrit in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$139.00

Intel Core i3-13100T CPU 13th Gen SRMBT 2.5 GHz LGA-1700 Desktop Processor
$105.00

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

20PCS CPU Processor Storage & Shipping Trays – 37.5mm x 37.5mm
$60.00