Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: [newbie]setting up my adsl connection

  1. #1

    [newbie]setting up my adsl connection

    Hey fellow Knoppix users. I am new to Linux and am just playing around with it right now. However, I cannot seem to get my internet connection to work. I have a adsl connection through a 2wire 2700HG-E ( looks like http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...g82/Sale/1.jpg)

    Device Manager:



    I attempted using the ADSL/PPPOE thing but was lost as what to do lol.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I don't use the PPPoE software either. Actually I did try it once just to prove it would work and had no problems, so I have no idea what problem you had (you don't really say). And I don't know anything about your connection device and a low quality picture doesn't really help. Not at all clear what yoy were trying to tell us by the Device manager screen shot. But see my stock answer #4 for my suggestion about what I feel you should be doing. And a manual for your device would help a lot more than a picture.

Similar Threads

  1. Setting up ADSL Modem Knoppix
    By rash in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 03:27 PM
  2. I'd like some help setting up my connection.
    By Zenobia in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 02:18 PM
  3. Setting up Dsl connection
    By jdmml in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 02:24 PM
  4. Help Setting Up ADSL/PCI Card
    By psychophil in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 09:07 AM
  5. Setting Up ADSL Router
    By ForbiddenSword in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 05:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$34.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Samsung MZ-76P256 V-NAND 860 PRO 256GB 2.5

Samsung MZ-76P256 V-NAND 860 PRO 256GB 2.5" SSD #21

$45.50



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$255.98



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos picture

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos

$97.60