I don't have any kind of a server on my network, just my Windows machine and knoppix machine on a router.
I'm trying to access files on my Network Neighborhood from my knoppix machine. I've come up with some instructions on other sites. They refer to Windows "shares". They give instructions how to mount them. But I'm not so sure I know what a Windows "share" is. I think that a Windows "share" is just any of the folders that you find in your "Network Neighborhood". Could someone please tell me, just a "yes" or "no", if I'm right?

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
New Samsung FIT Plus 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive MUF-64AB/AM
$34.95
FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99