-
Urgent please help! Topic: Gambas on knoppix remaster
Hi,
Is it possible for Gambas2 to run on a knoppix remaster?
It installs and when I test it from inside chroot the application opens fine. However when I create the iso and boot it, instead of bringing me straight into the desktop it brings me to a standard debian login (for which I've no username and password).
Any ideas why this could be happening?
Any help would be incredibly welcome.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I'm not going to pretend that I have the skills or the interest to remaster Knoppix, so I'm not likely to be much help. But I saw your post and the first thing that I wondered is, is this really something that is at all related to Gambas2? That is, are you saying (as your posts seems to imply) that you otherwise can remaster Knoppix just fine and that this problem only happens for you after installing Gambas2? That just seems rather unlikely to me, and I thought you should make clear what your remastering experiences have been so that those who can remaster may better be able to help you. And, of course, if you have not made a successful remaster without installing Gambas2, you might want to do that first, so you don't focus attention on something that may not even be the issue.
-
Hi Harry,
I should have clarified that I can successfully remaster knoppix when Gambas2 is not involved. I can add/remove apps and then remaster successfully to my hearts content, it's only when I install Gambas2 and then remaster that the described issue occurs.
I'm wondering if while installing Gambas some kde setting that's important gets over-written.
Similar Threads
-
By linfreak in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2008, 03:34 PM
-
By baim_lubis in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2005, 07:36 AM
-
By sam1967 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 01:37 AM
-
By WoofDeF in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 05:24 PM
-
By kaplanfx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$81.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard
$55.99

MSI B460M PRO-VDH WIFI LGA1200 Micro ATX Motherboard
$94.99