Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Urgent please help! Topic: Gambas on knoppix remaster

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2

    Urgent please help! Topic: Gambas on knoppix remaster

    Hi,

    Is it possible for Gambas2 to run on a knoppix remaster?

    It installs and when I test it from inside chroot the application opens fine. However when I create the iso and boot it, instead of bringing me straight into the desktop it brings me to a standard debian login (for which I've no username and password).

    Any ideas why this could be happening?
    Any help would be incredibly welcome.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I'm not going to pretend that I have the skills or the interest to remaster Knoppix, so I'm not likely to be much help. But I saw your post and the first thing that I wondered is, is this really something that is at all related to Gambas2? That is, are you saying (as your posts seems to imply) that you otherwise can remaster Knoppix just fine and that this problem only happens for you after installing Gambas2? That just seems rather unlikely to me, and I thought you should make clear what your remastering experiences have been so that those who can remaster may better be able to help you. And, of course, if you have not made a successful remaster without installing Gambas2, you might want to do that first, so you don't focus attention on something that may not even be the issue.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2
    Hi Harry,

    I should have clarified that I can successfully remaster knoppix when Gambas2 is not involved. I can add/remove apps and then remaster successfully to my hearts content, it's only when I install Gambas2 and then remaster that the described issue occurs.

    I'm wondering if while installing Gambas some kde setting that's important gets over-written.

Similar Threads

  1. Need Kernel-headers 2.6.19 for knoppix 5.1.1 -- Urgent..
    By linfreak in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 03:34 PM
  2. Trouble installing gambas,apache 1.x.x, postgress 8.03
    By baim_lubis in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 07:36 AM
  3. URGENT - Knoppix or DEBIAN ofr HD install ???????
    By sam1967 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 01:37 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 05:24 PM
  5. gambas
    By kaplanfx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$90.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read picture

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read

$295.00



Vintage Apple Mac PC Max604cpu PowerPC Processor CPU Daughterboard picture

Vintage Apple Mac PC Max604cpu PowerPC Processor CPU Daughterboard

$54.95



Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals picture

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals

$50.00



Vintage Apple Computer Macintosh Rainbow Logo Decal Stickers – 4 Sheets of 4 picture

Vintage Apple Computer Macintosh Rainbow Logo Decal Stickers – 4 Sheets of 4

$99.99



Becton-Dickinson Mac Acquisition Card 03-20061 Vintage For Apple NuBus picture

Becton-Dickinson Mac Acquisition Card 03-20061 Vintage For Apple NuBus

$129.00



Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple picture

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple

$60.00



Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read picture

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read

$199.99



Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2 picture

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2

$109.99