-
Junior Member
registered user
add vmware to remaster
Is it possible to add vmware to a remaster?
I've successfully remastered 4.0.2, removing and adding stuffs fine.. some things installed by source, but it was easier that way.
But now I'm trying to install vmware workstation, and having a problem. The install itself goes well, but, for some reason, umount /proc is reporting busy. The only steps different in my remaster commands, are the vmware install steps.
- copy VMWare to virtual knoppix /home
- enter virtual knoppix environment
- sudo the vmware installation process
- run vmware and enter serial number
- end current session
- enter virtual root desktop
- remove vmware installation files
- end current session
- back to the rest of the remaster commands... only a few left, including umount /proc.
I've never had the '/proc busy' error, unless I missed a step somewhere... like 'exit'. But my commands are fine if I'm installing gmp-4.1 or something... just having issues with this vmware.
I was planning on storing the virtual os's on a usb, then run from there. I guess I could just create a persistent home on the usb, then install vmware, but I was hoping to have it in the iso itself.
Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By bspengler in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2005, 01:49 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By pc3 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 07:30 PM
-
By Ish Rattan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 04:49 AM
-
By Rootman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$69.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU 4.7GHz
$215.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98