-
Junior Member
registered user
add vmware to remaster
Is it possible to add vmware to a remaster?
I've successfully remastered 4.0.2, removing and adding stuffs fine.. some things installed by source, but it was easier that way.
But now I'm trying to install vmware workstation, and having a problem. The install itself goes well, but, for some reason, umount /proc is reporting busy. The only steps different in my remaster commands, are the vmware install steps.
- copy VMWare to virtual knoppix /home
- enter virtual knoppix environment
- sudo the vmware installation process
- run vmware and enter serial number
- end current session
- enter virtual root desktop
- remove vmware installation files
- end current session
- back to the rest of the remaster commands... only a few left, including umount /proc.
I've never had the '/proc busy' error, unless I missed a step somewhere... like 'exit'. But my commands are fine if I'm installing gmp-4.1 or something... just having issues with this vmware.
I was planning on storing the virtual os's on a usb, then run from there. I guess I could just create a persistent home on the usb, then install vmware, but I was hoping to have it in the iso itself.
Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By bspengler in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2005, 01:49 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By pc3 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 07:30 PM
-
By Ish Rattan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 04:49 AM
-
By Rootman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H
$29.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW
$89.99

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Ooma 2602 Office IP Desk Phones 2-Pack for Ooma Office VoIP
$153.98

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99