I forgot t o say I'm running it on a windows vista computer so I don't know if that's a problem or not. But I tested it out on a windows XP computer and it worked.
Hi i burned knopix onto a dvd, and it started up fine. I pressed enter on the first screen and than it checked my memory. Than it said that it could not find the "Linux Filesystems" What does that mean, and how can I fix it. Than it said that it will put me in a (very low) shell.
it than said restart the computer to quit.
How can I get it to work
I tried to burn it to a CD and I got the same result.
Thanks![]()
I forgot t o say I'm running it on a windows vista computer so I don't know if that's a problem or not. But I tested it out on a windows XP computer and it worked.
Does anyone know how I can run it on my Vista computer. B/c that's the computer that's hooked up to the Internet, and it's a much faster computer.
Knoppix doesn't care about Vista, it will run on systems with no hard drive at all. It's some other issue. You might need a cheat code. You might have burned the disc at high speed and ended up with a disc that will work on some drives and not others. It might be something else that I'm not even thinking about at the moment. We do occasionally see that error reported without ever getting a good report back on what caused it. But you're on the wrong track with it Vista being an issue. I suggest reading the downloading FAQ and, if the disc was burnt at high speed try a slower burn, and if you have a different brand of media available I would try that at the same time just in case. Beyond that, read the cheat codes text file that came down with your download.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I have the same problem with the same message. I will try to burn at a lower speed and try again.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$149.95
Datto S3P1000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 16GB DDR4
$139.95
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08