Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Booting problem

  1. #1

    Booting problem

    Hi i burned knopix onto a dvd, and it started up fine. I pressed enter on the first screen and than it checked my memory. Than it said that it could not find the "Linux Filesystems" What does that mean, and how can I fix it. Than it said that it will put me in a (very low) shell.
    it than said restart the computer to quit.
    How can I get it to work
    I tried to burn it to a CD and I got the same result.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    I forgot t o say I'm running it on a windows vista computer so I don't know if that's a problem or not. But I tested it out on a windows XP computer and it worked.

  3. #3
    Does anyone know how I can run it on my Vista computer. B/c that's the computer that's hooked up to the Internet, and it's a much faster computer.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Knoppix doesn't care about Vista, it will run on systems with no hard drive at all. It's some other issue. You might need a cheat code. You might have burned the disc at high speed and ended up with a disc that will work on some drives and not others. It might be something else that I'm not even thinking about at the moment. We do occasionally see that error reported without ever getting a good report back on what caused it. But you're on the wrong track with it Vista being an issue. I suggest reading the downloading FAQ and, if the disc was burnt at high speed try a slower burn, and if you have a different brand of media available I would try that at the same time just in case. Beyond that, read the cheat codes text file that came down with your download.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1
    I have the same problem with the same message. I will try to burn at a lower speed and try again.

Similar Threads

  1. problem at booting ... please need help !
    By noScape in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 01:38 PM
  2. A problem while booting
    By Ifrit in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 01:04 PM
  3. Problem Booting
    By coonah in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 10:12 PM
  4. Problem in booting from CD
    By balakrishnan in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 06:34 AM
  5. Problem booting
    By REMslug in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 05:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox

$620.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95