-
:?: Trying to NOT BE Pure Debian
I had Knoppix installed and started putting in other programs to help my transition to linux from Winblows... But I did a whole lot of something wrong and ended up with Debian that didn't work...
This go round I installed the DVD onto the hard drive, everything works fine.
Did KPACKAGE
.... apt-get update
..... apt-get upgrade
I will be here for 24 hrs or so, if the upgrade works...
.... (previous install blew up 15 times before finish but I added more RAM and things are looking better now.)
What questions do I answer YES or NO so I don't end up with PURE DEBIAN?
Debian always gets my video card wrong and never allows me an X desktop. If I change my ATI 32 MB PCI video card then Winblows gets all messed up. (I have an ATI TV card.)
Plus I really like Knoppix and it's bloat / arrangements / program install; not Debian's.
Thanks to all.
Butch
Similar Threads
-
By nicoDVD2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-26-2008, 08:18 PM
-
By wolfgang-s in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 01:02 AM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By Joe Programmer in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 03:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99