-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
blwilk
....5.0.1 which does not work although I can bring up the setup screen with a wireless connection. It does sort of work with a hard wire connection in that I can ping sites by name so the DNS appears to be working but I cannot load data into the browser. .....
This really sounds to me like a ipv6 issue. I know that there is an Iceweasel issue with IPv6 (you didn't say which browser). You may want to do a bit of searching and determine how to disable IPv6 in Iceweasel (Linux speak for Firefox) and try that. Can you do these remote server pings by wifi or just by a wired connection? I'm not clear what you mean by "setup screen with a wireless connection", I can bring up all kinds of setup crap for wifi in 5.x, but I can never get it to work. I thought that you were getting to the router's setup page (the HTML page that you see in a browser at address 192.168.2.1 ).

Originally Posted by
blwilk
5.1.1 which behaves the same as 5.0.1 with the wireless connection but will not work at all with the wired connection. I can't even get an address assigned.
So are you getting to the Belkin setup page at 192.168.2.1 or not? If not you are in the same boat as many other users who can't get wifi working with 5.x. If you are seeing the Belkin setup page then you have wifi working, which stll leaves the potential ipv6 issues and just maybe some sort of filtering happening at the router. It seems strange that support for your wired nic would be in all of the older versions that you mention but not this version, but I can see how that might happen. I haven't been very impressed by the newer versions of Knoppix for several other reasons, but it's still a good tool for what it does have.
Similar Threads
-
By paws in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-07-2006, 11:38 AM
-
By jlmcw18 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-18-2005, 03:35 AM
-
By Ryan450 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 11:46 PM
-
By B0SC0 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By AngelicToy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$32.99