Quote Originally Posted by borgward
Hi
You stated that "in my experience here networking will more likely fail than work on "installed Knoppix"."
What's with that? What explains that behavior?..
I don't know what explains it, but networking failing when Knoppix is installed is the oldest of many problems seen when "installing" Knoppix. Look at some of the first posts in the HDD install section. An old problem, and a problem that is still with us. Remember, Knoppix was not intended to be installed, it was intended to run from a Live CD. And that is for good, solid normally working hard wired drivers in Knoppix. With wifi, well, wifi support has never been good, an IMHO only went down hill after 4.02. I wish that was not the fact, but wishes don't change much. If I want wifi support with a live Linux CD or DVD I use Puppy, MandrivaOne, or Bactrack 3, all of which work well for me from the disc while Knoppix does not. And if I want an installed Linux then I use something that is intended to be installed and stable when installed, not Knoppix. Knoppix is good at what it is, but to pretend it is things that it is not is kind of foolish IMHO.