-
USB Hard Drive resize
Hi All,
I've been trying to resize my usb hard drive (Maxtor Basics portable) using qtparted from Knoppix, and try to free up some space to install a permanent image in this HD.
The HD is recognized as /dev/sda1 and when I reduce the size of this ntfs partition I get an OK prompt but nothing changes. This doesn't happens with /dev/hda1 which appears to recognize any changes I made.
The only difference I noticed between /dev/hda1 and /dev/sda1 is the status which is busy for the first and available for the second. If I try to unmount by right clicking on the /dev/sda1 icon I get a message that says something like "the device appears to be mounted more than once"
Any help is greatly appreciatted ... In case you wonder why I don't want the whole drive it's because I'd like to keep some of the data that is already there.
Thanks in advance,
Dan
Similar Threads
-
By bagmonkey in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2008, 04:50 AM
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00