-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmm. That's odd. I was looking at the previous output you posted from cdrecord --scanbus (scsibus1:1,0,0 100), but as Stephen has noted, try changing your entry in /etc/fstab to scd0.
Adam
-
I changed /dev/scd1 to /dev/scd0 in /etc/fstab shut down restarted
mount /cdrom1 mounts the cd which is in the ide-cdrom, not the usb2 cd-rw
Same result using console or icon I created.
Shouldn't I see a reference to the usb2 cd-rw when I enter
KDE Control Center > Information > USB Devices?
I only see the hubs.
I do see the usb2 cd-rw with KDE Control Center > Information > SCSI
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
bilzer
I do see the usb2 cd-rw with KDE Control Center > Information > SCSI
It may think it's a HD can't hurt trying to mount it as /dev/sda.
-
Tried /dev/sda then /dev/sda1 --- msgs say not valid block device
I may try reinstall with cd-rw on, altho that requirement defeats the value of usb.
I sure would like to know if other users with usb show attached usb devices (other than root hub) when they enter:
KDE Control Center > Information > USB Devices
I do not.
-
Did a reinstall with the usb2 cd-rw turned on.
Didn't solve the problem.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
-
Senior Member
registered user
bilzer,
Sorry about this. I think we are a bit miffed also. If you were able to get this device to work from the cd, then keep trying. Perhaps it's something simple that we are overlooking. Best of luck.
-
:P :P SUCCESS!
I have 4 ports on the usb2 card. Thought I had tested them all but that got lost in testing various configurations of /etc/fstab - this one works now:
/dev/scd1 /mnt/cdrom1 auto defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
along with /mnt/cdrom1
Also, the device now shows up in KDE Control Center > Information > USB devices.
Thanks again for your help.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Good to hear you got it going good luck.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Congrats. Glad you got it working. In the long run this whole excersice will prove benificial because you will have learned a bit more about how Debian opperates on your system. Again, congrats and your persistance paid off.
Similar Threads
-
By chiefreborn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 12:35 PM
-
By NewGuy in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 03:30 AM
-
By komplikazione in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 10:35 PM
-
By orgler in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 06:52 PM
-
By Messiaen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$480.63

WAVLINK Thunderbolt 5 Dock, 13-in-1 TB5 Docking Station with NVMe M.2
$162.98

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$372.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Dell ST91000640SS 1TB 2.5" 6Gb/s 64MB 7.2K RPM SAS Hard Drive Dell P/N: 0VXTPX
$16.99

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99

Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11
$382.48