-
Can't See Any of my Windows Files, Errors Mounting
I am trying to recover data from my Windows XP hard drive. The drive is a 120 GB SATA drive installed on my Compaq desktop PC.
Prior to using Knoppix, I tried running a FIXMBR from the Windows Recovery Console to try and fix my Master Boot Record however that did not work. I did not format the drive or erase any data so I know that there are still files on this drive however when I boot up the PC using Knoppix, I can't see any Windows files on the drive. There is one text document on the drive called BOOTEX.LOG and it says:
The type of file system is FAT, Errors in File Allocation Table Corrected, The specified disk appears to be a non-Windows XP disk, etc...
Is there another utility that I can run while Knoppix is loaded to scan the disk as a lower level and recover the files that I know are still on it?
Since the disk is FAT, I am assuming that NTFSUNDELETE won't work. When I ran that command, I get this error:
Error reading bootsector: Is a directory
Failed to startup volume: Is a directory
Failed to mount '/media/sda': Is a directory
Any ideas on how I can get to the files on the disk even though they aren't appearing on the disk within in Knoppix?
Similar Threads
-
By gyanendra in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2007, 02:25 PM
-
By stars in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-24-2005, 05:56 PM
-
By muzicman82 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By ogami1972 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 10:40 AM
-
By Coume in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-24-2003, 06:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Desktop CPU Processor Socket AM4 3.6GHz
$60.00