-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: kernel panic when booting LiveDVD

Originally Posted by
ddp
I downloaded KNOPPIX 5.3.1 LiveDVD with DAP (download manager), so I believe that the file is not corrupt.
I don't know if it's corrupt or not, but since you are getting a kernel panic, that should not be ruled out. Certainly not when there is a simple md5 test that will settle it once and for all. I personally never trust download managers, and while I know nothing at all about the one that you are using, the problems that I saw with corruption before BitTorrent downloads were available were caused by the servers, not by any bad ju-ju in the connections. I used to get about 50% corrupted downloads before torrent downlods became available, none afterwards. I strongly suggest that you do the md5 test (read the downloading faq if you are tempted to ignore that just because you have never done a md5 test before). This is so likely the source of the problem that there seems no reason to go on, but I want to also address the next line...

Originally Posted by
ddp
I burnt it with Nero at 8x on a 16x certified disk. Data verified with success.
8x is a pretty high data rate for a DVD. While it's at the upper limit of a speed that I might use for a CD, I personally think it's too fast for DVD burning. While I have no hard data to offer to prove this, I burn all of my DVD's at 4x, and would suggest that, at least until you get one that works, you use that speed also.
Similar Threads
-
By mrbizz8 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2008, 03:46 AM
-
By robertch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-14-2006, 02:39 PM
-
By sergioroa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 11:21 PM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72