The AMD CPU is just fine. Problem is highlighted (although several other things could be wrong in addition to this). See answer #1.Originally Posted by chipslawson
Got a laptop giving me the blue screen, so I made a bootable liveCD w/Knoppix 5.1.1 (or maybe it's just 5.1.) Burned using Roxio w/the option "make bootable." Anyway, I've arranged the boot sequence properly on the broken HP laptop, so the CD drive is first, but I get "missing operating system." I know this is obviously referring to the CD because normally I get the screen asking me how I would like to boot windows after it was improperly shutdown. Anyway, what's wrong with the disk? By the way, would the 32 bit AMD processor be incompatible, by any chance? Thanks.
The AMD CPU is just fine. Problem is highlighted (although several other things could be wrong in addition to this). See answer #1.Originally Posted by chipslawson
Do not use the "make bootable" option, use burn ISO option.Roxio w/the option "make bootable.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM
$169.99
LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00
SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99