The AMD CPU is just fine. Problem is highlighted (although several other things could be wrong in addition to this). See answer #1.Originally Posted by chipslawson
Got a laptop giving me the blue screen, so I made a bootable liveCD w/Knoppix 5.1.1 (or maybe it's just 5.1.) Burned using Roxio w/the option "make bootable." Anyway, I've arranged the boot sequence properly on the broken HP laptop, so the CD drive is first, but I get "missing operating system." I know this is obviously referring to the CD because normally I get the screen asking me how I would like to boot windows after it was improperly shutdown. Anyway, what's wrong with the disk? By the way, would the 32 bit AMD processor be incompatible, by any chance? Thanks.
The AMD CPU is just fine. Problem is highlighted (although several other things could be wrong in addition to this). See answer #1.Originally Posted by chipslawson
Do not use the "make bootable" option, use burn ISO option.Roxio w/the option "make bootable.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99