-
error message "missing operating system" while boo
Got a laptop giving me the blue screen, so I made a bootable liveCD w/Knoppix 5.1.1 (or maybe it's just 5.1.) Burned using Roxio w/the option "make bootable." Anyway, I've arranged the boot sequence properly on the broken HP laptop, so the CD drive is first, but I get "missing operating system." I know this is obviously referring to the CD because normally I get the screen asking me how I would like to boot windows after it was improperly shutdown. Anyway, what's wrong with the disk? By the way, would the 32 bit AMD processor be incompatible, by any chance? Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By sinncier in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-14-2010, 07:08 PM
-
By montalegrejorge in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
-
By roniswar in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-13-2008, 10:22 AM
-
By ranchhand in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-21-2007, 07:25 PM
-
By sef_bnight in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-27-2006, 02:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99