-
Senior Member
registered user
Looking at knoppix-image, all the way down at the end... I see this bit of code.
Code:
case "$SELECTION" in *overwrite*)
[ -z "$OLDHOMEDIR" ] && rsync --update --exclude /ramdisk/etc/mtab -Ha /ramdisk/etc/ /UNIONFS/etc
;;
esac
I guess the point of that option is to use the /ramdisk files as the source and put them into the persistent home. I recently ran into a situation where I tried using a knoppix.img on a different machine, and since the knoppix.img had hardware specific files from the old machine in the image... it was a bit of a problem to update the config. That would have been a good time for the option:
Overwrite/update stored system configuration
to have worked... which led me here. My problem was that X thought I had an nVidia graphics card, when the new machine had an ATI card. I found the file xserver in /etc/sysconfig that said i had an nVidia... so I wound up booting knoppix clean... and copied /etc/sysconfig to a thumbdrive. Then I copied that back from the thimbdrive when I had booted into the knoppix.img... and then did an mkxorgconfig to update. Then X would start!
Similar Threads
-
By brian3.parker in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-02-2010, 05:42 PM
-
By Canard blanc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-18-2009, 04:26 AM
-
By rspiteri in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2007, 01:54 PM
-
By martynguk2002 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-14-2006, 10:39 PM
-
By chipyoung in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

AC Adapter For Aiper Scuba SE Cordless Robotic Above Ground Pool Vacuum Cleaner
$20.99

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67