-
Newbie can't burn CD help.
Hi I am a Knoppix/linux virgin of less then 24 hours and need some help.Please excuse my non technical language.I want to burn a CD in Knoppix I get as far as being able to compile a list of files for burning.My CDRW (lite-on 48x12x4
is recognised by the burning program but when I go to burn I get this message or something like it "No cdrdao driver found. Please select manually....current drivers include ...generic-mmc...IO error" I guess I need to go "somewhere" and specify the driver for my CDRW.I seem to remember it mentions something like go to device settings but I can't locate for CD.If you can help please give me "no brainer" instructions as I have a "windows" track mind and all this is new to me.
Thanks for your help
-
Some more info. What I am trying to do is burn a selection of .wav files from my windows HD using knoppix, in order to make a CD that will play on any CD player using KB3.Can this program do this? I have found out that I can burn .avi files and I presume all other data files . But I am unable to play an ordinary CD from this drive. (can play mp3's on a CD disc in this drive). Is it the nature of this system that it cannot burn .wav files or read them from an external source ie CD. I can play .wav files from the hard drive.
On using the KB3 set up I get this message
creating fstab entry for /dev/scd0
error could not make mount point /mnt/auto/cdrom
Is this relevant? for my other CD rom it was able to make a mount point!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Could you post the contents of fdisk -l and of your /etc/fstab and are you running from HD or CD? K3b can do what you want it to it just has to have the proper entries in the fstab.
-
Hi Stephen thank you for your time. I am running knoppix from the CD (in order to give linux a try)! I am sorry to be a dunce but can you give me some more pointers like where do I look for fdisk -1 and /etc/fstab.I am totally new to this , sorry to be a pain....but we were all new once right?
-
Perhaps this will help --
To display contents of /etc/fstab:
Go into console and enter cat /etc/fstab
To do the fdisk -l just enter that on the console.
If you are running from the knoppix cd, I found that fdisk -l would not open the files with fdisk since you are not in root. (I believe the -l is a lower-case letter l)
Similar Threads
-
By keeris in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 09:53 PM
-
By tup34 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 06:23 PM
-
By jrcf in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 06:39 AM
-
By Exthero in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 10:09 PM
-
By medwards67 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99