Yes it is possible , please look at this thread http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...718b8541b9dfda
I have booted Knoppix 5.3.1 DVD using the cheatcode "tohd" and the files have been copied from DVD to HD.
Now I can boot Knoppix (still using the original DVD) but using the cheatcode "fromhd". The files are read superfast from the hard drive AND the DVD can be removed, freeing the drive.
But it is still annoying to have to use the original DVD to start up.
Please can anybody tell me ideally how to tweak boot.ini (the machine has Windows XP) or failing that how easily to utilise grub so that I can choose Windows or Knoppix at bootup, without having to use the DVD?
(I'm assuming this is possible, given the machine is set up as described.)
Thank you!
(I *have* searched on fromhd etc, to no effect.)
Fergus
Yes it is possible , please look at this thread http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...718b8541b9dfda

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00