-
Installation freezing
Hey. I downloaded Knoppix today, and burned the image on a DVD. I rebooted, and the setup was going fine, until I saw this:

When it gets to here, it just stops. I let it sit for quite some time, but nothing happened.
I'm running on a HP dv8000 laptop. I don't know if this would be better for the laptop forum, but decided to post it here.
thanks.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Consider following the documentation link near the top of this page and reading the section of the wiki on "cheat codes" (or read the document that comes with a torrent download). I'm guessing that the nopcmcia code may help, but that's only a guess. And I'm hoping (but not really expecting) that you checked the md5 sum of the ISO before burning and burnt the ISO at slow speed, skipping either of these can lead to boot problems. See the downloading faq for details.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By oh_jason in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-23-2005, 10:26 AM
-
By henning.scheid in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 04:47 PM
-
By Dr Snark in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 12:37 PM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By foil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 06:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS*
$70.00

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

COMMODORE 64 - CASE & KEYBOARD ONLY - NO MOTHERBOARD - TABS INTACT
$49.00

Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette
$9.99

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99