-
5.3.1 with bootfrom can't mount persistent homedir
Hey,
I just downloaded the 5.3.1 ISO, burnt a DVD and stored it to the root of my HD for use with an AES256 encrypted homedir I had created with an earlier version of Knoppix (works with 5.1.1 and a few earlier versions). When I boot from the DVD with no parameters (DVD boot), I can enter password and mount the encrypted homedir KNOPPIX.IMG from my USB stick no problem, but when I attempt to do the same thing with bootfrom=/dev/hda2/KNX3.iso, I does not recognize my password for the AES256 image.
I noticed that with version 5.1.1, the hd shows up as /dev/sda2 and the USB is at /dev/sdb1 and now its back to hd at /dev/hda2 with usb at /dev/sda1 as it was in earlier versions of Knoppix. But, whether I use the bootfrom parameter or not with 5.3.1, the usb stick shows up at /dev/sda1, so I don't know why my password would be accepted when I run off the dvd but not when I run off the compressed disk image.
I realize this is a bit odd, but I have confirmed the behaviour a few times.
Thanks in advance....
Similar Threads
-
By Fimble in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
-
By illu45 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-31-2006, 02:23 PM
-
By illu45 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 12:51 AM
-
By jannetta in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 03:50 PM
-
By bustersnyvel in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Used PC Corsair Vengeance Intel i7-4770 3.40GHz 16GB DDR3 Gtx 1050 Ti Msi
$135.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00