-
5.3.1 with bootfrom can't mount persistent homedir
Hey,
I just downloaded the 5.3.1 ISO, burnt a DVD and stored it to the root of my HD for use with an AES256 encrypted homedir I had created with an earlier version of Knoppix (works with 5.1.1 and a few earlier versions). When I boot from the DVD with no parameters (DVD boot), I can enter password and mount the encrypted homedir KNOPPIX.IMG from my USB stick no problem, but when I attempt to do the same thing with bootfrom=/dev/hda2/KNX3.iso, I does not recognize my password for the AES256 image.
I noticed that with version 5.1.1, the hd shows up as /dev/sda2 and the USB is at /dev/sdb1 and now its back to hd at /dev/hda2 with usb at /dev/sda1 as it was in earlier versions of Knoppix. But, whether I use the bootfrom parameter or not with 5.3.1, the usb stick shows up at /dev/sda1, so I don't know why my password would be accepted when I run off the dvd but not when I run off the compressed disk image.
I realize this is a bit odd, but I have confirmed the behaviour a few times.
Thanks in advance....
Similar Threads
-
By Fimble in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
-
By illu45 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-31-2006, 02:23 PM
-
By illu45 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 12:51 AM
-
By jannetta in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 03:50 PM
-
By bustersnyvel in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 2.5" MZ-ZLN512C 512GB SATA III 6Gbps SSD MZ7LN512HAJQ-000H1
$49.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Timetec MS10 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 3D NAND SSD 35TTFP6PCIE-1TB
$89.99

WD Blue DRIVE SSD 250gb Internal SATA Solid State Drive for Laptops
$39.99