-
5.1.1 lock up on ifup eth1 (wireless)
ok, so I'm trying to squeeze some use out of a friend's laptop. I put the 5.1.1 cd in, and it consistntly hangs while configuring the network during boot. I thought it might be easier to get while the system is running, so I passed it
knoppix nodhcp
as a boot option. starts up fine, but its not configured, and I don't know that much about linux networking. anyway, I try ifup eth0, and it hangs. completely frozen. this is in the terminal, outside of x. I searched these forums, and I found that I should try
wlcardconfig
pump -i eth1
wlcardconfig confirmed that the wireless was eth1, but it asked for a bunch of things I didn't know. I just hit enter through all the screens, hoping the defaults were right, or could be autoconfigged.
pump -i eth1 hung it again though.
I searched he forums again, but I couldn't find anything about it hanging like that. What should eb my next source of information? If the forums are appropriate, please tell me anything relevant. I am eager to learn!
Similar Threads
-
By R. Henze in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2007, 08:34 AM
-
By paradigm_shift in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 05:09 AM
-
By paradigm_shift in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 05:02 AM
-
By HAiRYANiMAL in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-19-2003, 01:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01