ok, so I'm trying to squeeze some use out of a friend's laptop. I put the 5.1.1 cd in, and it consistntly hangs while configuring the network during boot. I thought it might be easier to get while the system is running, so I passed it
knoppix nodhcp
as a boot option. starts up fine, but its not configured, and I don't know that much about linux networking. anyway, I try ifup eth0, and it hangs. completely frozen. this is in the terminal, outside of x. I searched these forums, and I found that I should try
wlcardconfig
pump -i eth1
wlcardconfig confirmed that the wireless was eth1, but it asked for a bunch of things I didn't know. I just hit enter through all the screens, hoping the defaults were right, or could be autoconfigged.
pump -i eth1 hung it again though.
I searched he forums again, but I couldn't find anything about it hanging like that. What should eb my next source of information? If the forums are appropriate, please tell me anything relevant. I am eager to learn!

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 | Intel I5-1245U | 16GB RAM | 256GB NVMe | W11P | W/AC
$299.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99