-
Senior Member
registered user
How do I edit linuxrc correctly?
I want to call a program that draws a graphic to the framebuffer during startup. I realized that I have to start that program in
linuxrc. But as soon as I change more than one line in linuxrc (inside miniroot.gz inside boot.img) the boot process breaks. Although if I just change something at the end of the script, its behavior changes already in the beginning (e.g. when it scans the different partitions for the Knoppix CD, it writes the pink lines *under* each other instead of *replacing* them /hda1 /hda2 ... etc)
How do I edit linuxrc correctly? Does it have to stay in the same size or why am I having this trouble?
I have tried it several times on different machines. Here is what I did:
loop-mount boot.img
unpack initrd.gz
loop-mount initrd.gz
edit linuxrc with kwrite
unmount initrd
pack initrd
replace initrd.gz
Where is the mistake?
Similar Threads
-
By marksalot in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 09:53 PM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-23-2004, 11:20 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 11:56 AM
-
By darthczyz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 01:15 PM
-
By thomas in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-19-2003, 02:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99