Anyone know why my laptop, a PIII machine, will boot the 5.1.1 DVD but not the 5.3.1? And why is there no 5.3.1 Live CD?
Thanks,
IMF
Anyone know why my laptop, a PIII machine, will boot the 5.1.1 DVD but not the 5.3.1? And why is there no 5.3.1 Live CD?
Thanks,
IMF
Originally Posted by doglover
I know the problem, that with a release change knoppix works on the notebook anymore, from last year,
as I tested to use Knoppix on a older Uniwill 350 i.
Last I found out was, that Knoppix release with kernel 2.4 works fine and newer version do not.
After that I found in a book the information, that the kind of the start procedure was completly new.
1.
You can check what in a version has changed at the following changelog-list>
http://www.kernel.org/pub/dist/knopp...-CHANGELOG.txt.
2.
You can check to start with start parameters (under knoppix called cheat codes).
This codes allow to suppress some hardware detections - sometimes it works, when problematic
hardware is not detected. Otherwise you can give hardware-settings with that cheatcode.
To get the list of this parameters press F3 on the first boot-screen.
A more detailed list of codes should be in a text-file on the Live-CD/DVD.
Because I not so experience I would recommend to search with the word <cheat> in the forum
or in the internet.
Good luck

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive
$29.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99