-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: DVD 5.3.1 won't boot

Originally Posted by
doglover
Anyone know why my laptop, a PIII machine, will boot the 5.1.1 DVD but not the 5.3.1? And why is there no 5.3.1 Live CD?
Thanks,
IMF
I know the problem, that with a release change knoppix works on the notebook anymore, from last year,
as I tested to use Knoppix on a older Uniwill 350 i.
Last I found out was, that Knoppix release with kernel 2.4 works fine and newer version do not.
After that I found in a book the information, that the kind of the start procedure was completly new.
1.
You can check what in a version has changed at the following changelog-list>
http://www.kernel.org/pub/dist/knopp...-CHANGELOG.txt.
2.
You can check to start with start parameters (under knoppix called cheat codes).
This codes allow to suppress some hardware detections - sometimes it works, when problematic
hardware is not detected. Otherwise you can give hardware-settings with that cheatcode.
To get the list of this parameters press F3 on the first boot-screen.
A more detailed list of codes should be in a text-file on the Live-CD/DVD.
Because I not so experience I would recommend to search with the word <cheat> in the forum
or in the internet.
Good luck
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$90.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99