-
Hard drive no longer shows on desktop
I saw a thread similar to this, but have additional questions...I am new to this forum. Some background: The first time I ran Knoppix Live CD everything worked like a charm, and I was able to recover some data from a non-booting WinXP system. I needed to step away from the system and so I shut everything down. When I returned, it boots into the Knoppix desktop just fine, but does not show either of the hard drives on the desktop.
When it goes through the Knoppix boot process, it finds the drives just fine, lists them by name and so on. It lists the drives as hdc and hdd (in the command line-like boot process), and also lists the two DVD drives on the system (hda and hdb). But I can't see them on the DESKTOP. I can see a USB external drive on the desktop and the Knoppix CD. I did not change anything - permissions, ownership, nothing - when I booted either time.
Can anyone suggest possible solutions? In reading other posts, users mentioned including a log to help troubleshoot. If that would help, please give me specific instructions on how to find the log.
Many thanks,
Kirk-out
Similar Threads
-
By johnmd in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-05-2010, 04:38 PM
-
By wfran123 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-13-2008, 04:25 PM
-
By Crimpshrine in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 13
Last Post: 08-23-2006, 12:28 PM
-
By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-19-2006, 06:09 PM
-
By Lion in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic
$36.00

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00

Antic Software - BBCS II - Atari 400/800 XL/XE Floppy DIsk
$20.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00