ok, so I'm trying to squeeze some use out of a friend's laptop. I put the 5.1.1 cd in, and it consistntly hangs while configuring the network during boot. I thought it might be easier to get while the system is running, so I passed it
knoppix nodhcp
as a boot option. starts up fine, but its not configured, and I don't know that much about linux networking. anyway, I try ifup eth0, and it hangs. completely frozen. this is in the terminal, outside of x. I searched these forums, and I found that I should try
wlcardconfig
pump -i eth1
wlcardconfig confirmed that the wireless was eth1, but it asked for a bunch of things I didn't know. I just hit enter through all the screens, hoping the defaults were right, or could be autoconfigged.
pump -i eth1 hung it again though.
I searched he forums again, but I couldn't find anything about it hanging like that. What should eb my next source of information? If the forums are appropriate, please tell me anything relevant. I am eager to learn!

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99