-
Could not write fil **** Disk Full ==> No it's not ....
Could not write fil **** Disk Full
This is the message I get when I try to copy files from my HD to a 4GB stick. The same happens when I connect a 500GB Western.
Both devices are almost empty. So why this "Disk Full" messages?
-
Senior Member
registered user
what filesystem?
did you change to read/write?
if you use NTFS or did not change that disk to read/write it may be somewhat hard for Knoppix to write there.
Q: I see the partitions from my hard disk on the desktop and can access their contents when I click on them, but if I try to write to them I always get the error message "access denied". How can I write to my existing partitions?
A: On Knoppix 5.0.1, other filesystems are mounted read-only by default. To enable writing on a filesystem, you can right-click the partition icon on the desktop, such as 'hda1' and select "Change read/write mode". The filesystem needs to be mounted before you can change the access mode. "Change read/write mode" menu selection does basically the same thing as the shell command 'mount -o remount,rw /dev/<device>' where <device> is your partition, such as 'hda1'. Also note that changing the permission bits (read/write/execute) of the device or the mounted directory won't enable writing access. Writing to NTFS is supported from Knoppix 5 up, though caution is advised since the support is still more or less experimental.
Since this is such a frequently asked question, here is a screenshot of where you need to click to enable writing
http://joga.daug.net/readwrite.png
Similar Threads
-
By rexdp in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-25-2005, 05:16 PM
-
By cubrovic in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2004, 01:19 AM
-
By thebladerunner in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:55 AM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 06:04 PM
-
By aydin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 05:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

Asus VivoPC X Intel Core i5-7th Gen 2.50GHz, 8GB, 500GB SSD + 1 TB, GTX 1060 3GB
$260.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$199.99

DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4110 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$550.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$449.00

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99

Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF Core i5-7500, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win11 PRO Up
$89.00

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00