-
HDD Full - Use Knoppix to DEL some files...
Hi there and wormest regards from Vienna!
I've a little problem here! Trying to boot up my system I got the MSG "HDD Full" and the boot stopps...
That's why I decidet to use Knoppix to get rid of some Folders.
The Problem is that the specific folders I need to delete belong to root/root. I mamaged it to set a root-pw and so on, but that seems to be root@Knoppix and that's no help so far!
Anyway I need to del files that belong to the root of the local filesystem on the HDD (sda5). Any ideas!? ^^
-
Answer:
The HDD MUST be mounted as RW!
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Rescue_FAQ
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
You might also find that, if the disk is NTFS, it is very unsafe to write to it at all with Knoppix. Some people do think that current versions of Knoppix can safely write to NTFS. But some people have been saying that for almost every version of Knoppix, and all previous versions that some people thought were safe to write to NTFS with were eventually found to have problems that led to hard disk corruption. Some of us are not yet convinced that writing to NTFS is safe, and would use other recovery techniques. At the very least I would have suggested using Knoppix to back up important data to another system (although I guess if there was any "important" data it would already have been properly backed up).
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By david_eliasson in forum The Lounge
Replies: 14
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 08:07 PM
-
By JMichael in forum Laptops
Replies: 24
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 08:11 AM
-
Replies: 25
Last Post: 12-19-2003, 02:40 PM
-
By budtron in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 08:19 AM
-
By holzhey in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 05:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

DELL POWEREDGE FC640 Server FHH8V W/×2 Intel Xeon Gold 6142,0KHKN5. *READ⬇*
$130.00

Nutanix Supermicro NXS2U2NL12G600 2x Node with Motherboards, Backplanes, & More
$450.00

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99