Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Could not write fil **** Disk Full ==> No it's not ....

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1

    Could not write fil **** Disk Full ==> No it's not ....

    Could not write fil **** Disk Full

    This is the message I get when I try to copy files from my HD to a 4GB stick. The same happens when I connect a 500GB Western.
    Both devices are almost empty. So why this "Disk Full" messages?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    what filesystem?
    did you change to read/write?
    if you use NTFS or did not change that disk to read/write it may be somewhat hard for Knoppix to write there.
    Q: I see the partitions from my hard disk on the desktop and can access their contents when I click on them, but if I try to write to them I always get the error message "access denied". How can I write to my existing partitions?

    A: On Knoppix 5.0.1, other filesystems are mounted read-only by default. To enable writing on a filesystem, you can right-click the partition icon on the desktop, such as 'hda1' and select "Change read/write mode". The filesystem needs to be mounted before you can change the access mode. "Change read/write mode" menu selection does basically the same thing as the shell command 'mount -o remount,rw /dev/<device>' where <device> is your partition, such as 'hda1'. Also note that changing the permission bits (read/write/execute) of the device or the mounted directory won't enable writing access. Writing to NTFS is supported from Knoppix 5 up, though caution is advised since the support is still more or less experimental.

    Since this is such a frequently asked question, here is a screenshot of where you need to click to enable writing http://joga.daug.net/readwrite.png

Similar Threads

  1. full hard disk, unexpectedly
    By rexdp in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 05:16 PM
  2. I cant write to hard disk
    By cubrovic in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 01:19 AM
  3. full list of software included on disk
    By thebladerunner in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:55 AM
  4. Full Read/Write support for NTFS ? Try this
    By garyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 06:04 PM
  5. I can't write on Hard disk!
    By aydin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 05:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2 picture

Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2

$7.84



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.59