-
Knoppix 4.0 (Kernel 2.6.11)D-LINK DWL-G122
Hi all,
I am new to Knoppix and linux. Indeed i was curious about Knoppix and purchased the Knoppix for Dummies Book which came with Knoppix, and that is the version that I am using!
I have followed the book instruction, but I seem to be getting nowhere. iwconfig is telling me that I have no wireless connections.
I am having trouble installing my wireless adapter below is what I have tried so far/or where I am at..
Code:
root@0[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -l
No drivers installed
root@0[knoppix]# ls /home/knoppix
Desktop Dr71WU.inf Dr71WU.sys Dr71WU98.sys dr71wu.cat tmp
root@0[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -i /home/knoppix/Dr71WU.inf
Installing dr71wu
root@0[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -m
Adding "alias wlan0 ndiswrapper" to /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper
root@0[knoppix]# rmmod ndiswrapper
ERROR: Module ndiswrapper does not exist in /proc/modules
root@0[knoppix]# modprobe ndiswrapper
root@0[knoppix]# modprobe ndiswrapper
root@0[knoppix]# lsmod | grep ndiswrapper
ndiswrapper 116764 0
usbcore 101496 8
ndiswrapper,usbhid,usb_storage,ub,ohci_hcd,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd
root@0[knoppix]# iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.
sit0 no wireless extensions.
root@0[knoppix]# iwconfig sit0 essid ACTIONTEC channel 9
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
SET failed on device sit0 ; Invalid argument.
root@0[knoppix]# iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.
sit0 no wireless extensions.
root@0[knoppix]# iwconfig wlan0 key 8A-FF-DE-3C-BB-C6-FE-A3-3B-A2-B2-10-
5B
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
SET failed on device wlan0 ; No such device.
root@0[knoppix]# iwconfig sit0 key 8A-FF-DE-3C-BB-C6-FE-A3-3B-A2-B2-10-5B
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
SET failed on device sit0 ; Invalid argument.
root@0[knoppix]# iwconfig lo key 8A-FF-DE-3C-BB-C6-FE-A3-3B-A2-B2-10-5B
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
SET failed on device lo ; Operation not supported.
I would be most grateful if someone could help me out, I am most eager to understand/learn any alternatives to the orthodox Microsoft OS'.
Thanking anyone in advance
By the way the drivers have been installed with no issue using ndisWrapper and the hardware is present, but anyway the fact of the matter is that I am at a roadblock
-
Solution
After much searching I have found a solution! All credit goes to the guys at the ubuntu forum
!
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=400236
NDISWrapper didnt work for me, the serialmonkey project drivers worked easy!
So if you have a D-Link DWL-G122 Ver C F/W 3 (Ralink Chipset) you will require the RT73 Drivers, perseverance pays, what more can i say!
Similar Threads
-
By Jokonda in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-15-2008, 06:03 PM
-
By Jacky in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2006, 08:00 AM
-
By testabcd in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2006, 12:55 PM
-
By mithereal in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 03:11 PM
-
By toltech in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

HP ProLiant 460 Series G7 Blade 2x Xeon E5649 2.53Ghz w/ 16Gb DR3, No HD, QTY
$74.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

HPE P22139-B21 Synergy 480 Gen10 Plus Base Blade Chassis w/ P27543-001
$349.95

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60