I put my scripts in
/home/knoppix/.kde/Autostart
I save my configuration and boot with cheatcode myconfig=scan.
P.S. I'm running the knoppix 4.02 dvd.
Is there a way to have a script automatically run when I boot up? I have checked around
and couldn't tell the best place to add it. Would I have it in init.d or when kde starts.
My bootup cheats are:knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hde9 myconfig=/media/sda4. So I am
really booting from the hard drive and using configs.tbz from the usb stick.
I currently have to mount sda4, make it writable, the run the scripts. In one of them
I have to unload the rt73 that Knoppix uses(from serialmonkey) for the wireless and
use the inf/sys/cat files for windows.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
thx
I put my scripts in
/home/knoppix/.kde/Autostart
I save my configuration and boot with cheatcode myconfig=scan.
P.S. I'm running the knoppix 4.02 dvd.
So in .kde/Autostart would I just add an executable script
with any name I'd like or would it have to be a .sh file?
This is all I need:
mount -rw /dev/sda4 /mnt/sda4
cd /mnt/sda4
runall
mount usb, make writeable, change directory, run script.
thanks!
I placed the actual scripts in my /home/knoppix/Desktop folder. You can name the scripts anything you want, just make them executable.
In the .kde/Autostart I have links to those scripts. Konquerer seems to recognize Autostart and gives you a dialog to make the links. I think it supplies the suffixes ".desktop".
It worked! Awesome. Put it in .kde/Autostart and made it executable.
Thanks much.
Love these forums!
may I ask a question, can i also make a script that after the boot up process, i would like to auto explore the mounting point of a usb drive?
for example:
this code will open konqueror(/media/sda1) on the desktop...
CODE
#!/bin/sh
konqueror /media/sda1
if i place this on the /home/knoppix/Desktop or in .kde/autostart, will it show konqueror and exploring the sda1 after the boot up process...
thank you!![]()
Originally Posted by ecliu
Check your bash scripts from a terminal first.
As long as the host system boots from cd and not from the usb drive, your script should work.
I have heard of some people whose knoppix disc did not boot when an external usb drive was
connected; however this may be a single isolated case.
I typed (konqueror /media/sda1) in the konsole, and it browsed the Path of media/sda1...
Is it possible for a 'script' that can automatically browse the contents using konqueror of a USB flash drive upon insertion.
thank you..

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive
$109.99
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99