-
Knoppix Does Not Recognize My Hard Drive
I just burned the Knoppix DVD and booted my system. The desktop comes up and looks nice, but the O/S is apparently not recognizing some of my components. It doesn't seem to see my sound card, and the config routine gave me an error when I tried to get it to register. Similarly, no joy with the network connection. It took some work to get my network connection going under openSUSE (had to revert to an earlier driver) so I was not too surprised. However, I gather from looking through the FAQ and other posts that my hard drive should have shown up on the desktop. In any of the tools I could find to show me the system, only the floppy drive and the DVD on which Knoppix is installed show up. No hard drive - no partitions. Obviously, this is a severe limitation... Maybe I'm just totally missing something. Is there something I can do at boot time (or subsequently) to have the system find my drive? There are 4 partitions on the drive (Vista NTFS and 3 ext3 partitions for SUSE (swap, boot, home)).
Thanks
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F7)
E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.2Ghz)
SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-15 (T800UX4GC5)
Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD
EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU
Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.0.4)
Similar Threads
-
By autan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2007, 09:44 PM
-
By ismxray in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-29-2005, 05:45 AM
-
By yukichigai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 09:35 PM
-
By hfinger in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 11:10 AM
-
By dragon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 18
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 03:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98